Monday, September 07, 2009

Back on the saddle again

It's been awhile since my last post and in some instances, too much has happened; and in others, things never seem to change.

I can't bring myself to start commenting or blogging about the political situation in my beloved country. After all, what else can you say when you have lost total faith. A friend says and I echo, "I love this country, but I don't necessarily have to like the people who rules her." Aye!

So, I'll focus on life itself. How time flies and now, we are at the brink of yet another milestone. How often have I heard friends ruminating about what next for us. After all, we are Gen X babies and we are no longer the "in" generation. Many see that the best years have already passed them by. But have they?

I guess I don't blame "them". After all, in marketing, we are always trying to reach the younger audiences. We always try to remain relevant to the younger set. After all, no brands want to be considered an ageing brand. The younger audiences you reach, the more you can milk loyalty and transactions from them.

But marketers aren't the only one concerned with reaching younger audiences. How many columns have you read about youths in their 20s trying to make sense of life? What about jobs like journalism, news casting, etc. Again, it seems that the younger you are, the more opportunities are opened to you.

So I guess when my Gen X friends start looking at life in that manner, one can hardly blame them. But ... is this really all to life?

I find it difficult to accept. We are still hale and healthy. Many of us are, in our own ways, successful. Yes! We've experienced life but ... there's so much more to explore, so much more to live for. Yes, to some it may be about their kids ... but hey, you need time for yourself as well. We shouldn't stop living our dreams, just because we have to start fulfilling others' dreams.

After all, you only pass through this way but once. Why not make the most of it?




2 comments:

Pink Panther said...

Yo,

Gen-X rulez OK!

What a coincidence, just as I was going through the blogs that I use to read, you started to blog again.

Comon woman, you're still an inspiration

Cheers.

Peanut Kong said...

Haha ... thanks for the support.

I guess great minds think alike!
.
.
.
.
.
.
And fools seldom differ. :)

Yo, you gotta start blogging too. :P