Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Perfect Man

The following missive arrived at my inbox one fine day.

As Kyle's life and career coach I actively encourage him to seek out new opportunities and nurture productive relationships with other people. One recent initiative he's taking is looking for a life partner. To facilitate his search, I've ... blah blah blah

PL, please advise when you've written the personal ad for him on your blog.

Best wishes,
Kyle’s life & career coach


The thing about my life is that I have really interesting (read whacky) friends. Never a dull moment, eh? Hehehehe … In this case, I have been tasked with a heavy responsibility to create a personal ad for this friend, Kyle. And for the sake of his future, I dare not fail. (I shall ignore the fact that I had joked and volunteered for this during one of our trekking trips.) I hope I still have two friends after this. No regrets Kyle & Kyle’s coach. Regrets are for sissies! :p

I ain’t no personal ad writer, so here goes nothing …


Kyle Seto
-------------------------------------

Canadian citizen, Chinese born,
Canadian accent but he ain’t no blond.

A rojak influence of East and West,
Dare I claim that he comes from the best?

A steady income, a noble profession,
In education, he shares his passion.

House keeping skills, that’s a probability,
Green card options, perhaps a possibility.

Not too young, not too old,
Just ngam ngam thirty five years old.

Not too tall, not that short,
No bag of bones, certainly not bald!

Cutesy in purple, snazzy in blue,
Watch out for the smile that he flashes you.

Cutesy in Purple
Cutesy in Purple ...

Snazzy in Blue
Snazzy in Blue ...

Is he what you are looking for?
If yes, then wait no more!

The queue is long, the time is short,
His fans are beating down his “fort”.

Clear your calendar, book his time,
Catch this social butterfly at his prime,

Quick! Drown him with photos, drop him a line,
Grab this perfect man for he is a real find!

------------- The End -------------

From the creative juices of Leanne’s shrinking muse

P.S. Hey Kyle, if this really works for you, I get finder's fee ok. You better make it a huge one! :P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lady, you're sure one good writer. interesting write-up about our mr. seto :) kyle, all the best in your search.

discordant dude said...

when are u gonna write one for me?

Peanut Kong said...

That can be arranged cuz. Give me your best and most photogenic photograph! :D