Thursday, July 27, 2006

Pussycat Dolls PCD World Tour 2006 "live" concert in Malaysia

We found out a friend was organising the above concert recently. And by sheer luck (and thick skin), I managed to get two free tickets to the concert.

Another friend who also received two free tickets ended up not going because he didn't know who the PCDs are. Talk about NOT knowing what he is missing! His last words to me, "go along and play with the kids tonight". Hahaha ...

Another friend asked me if I have mid-life crisis. Hmmm ... from listening to PCD? Does being over 30 mean we only listen to 80s and 90s music? I would have thought music is universal and surpasses age, race and language barriers.

In any case, the dolls were HOT! HOT! HOT!

But alas, I was very late for the concert. Luckily it started late and I merely missed the opening act and 1 PCD song (was told it was Buttons). The venue of the concert at Sunway Lagoon Surf Beach was also quite unconventional. At least for me! We were literally standing on sand while swaying to the beat of the PCD songs. But as we were standing quite far away from the stage and it was too hot to wedge ourselves among the crowd, we couldn't quite feel the 'beat' of the concert. I couldn't quite see the dolls from where I stand and thus was looking at the huge screen most of the time. After awhile, I was wondering what I was doing there. It would have been better to stay in the comfort of my home with a glass of wine in hand and sway to their music. :)

All in all, the concert was just alright. As they have only one album, they performed all my favourite songs i.e. Sway, Don't Cha and Beep. Loved the tongue-in-cheek lyrics of the latter two. However, the concert was too short (i.e. 1 hour) to rush all the way from KL to Sunway.

Frankly, the next concert I go to, I should either be up front near the stage or I stay home and watch.

Dont Cha - Pussy Cat Dolls

1 comment:

xianfu said...

KOOL@@@ I WANNA go... TOO BAD no transport... issh!!!!