Friday, July 28, 2006

Graduation Day!

I DID IT!

I didn't think I'd finally pull it off! There were moments I swear I almost gave up on writing my dissertation. I even wrote a poem on my dissertation blues! It was just too time consuming and I was just too tired juggling between work and research. I thought I'd just graduate with a post graduate diploma instead. But luckily, I persevered. I suppose the difficult part is in getting started on the writing. But once we overcome that obstacle, the rest is a lot easier!

Now, after 4 years 12 modules and one dissertation later, I finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel! Wahoo! Most of the folks during my batch and the batch after me have already graduated. But I really took my time. I confessed I really enjoyed the whole programme except for the final part of writing the dissertation. It takes a lot of discipline to sit down and read and summarise and think. Oh well, that's all in the past now.

Another year, another milestone. Although I did not really plan on attending my graduation earlier, it didn't take much persuasion from my parents to do so. And I was one lucky gal as a few friends and my entire family braved the long distance to get there. My family lost their way in the process while my friends accompanied me and faced off hunger pangs and boredom while awaiting my family to find their way to the campus. All in all, it was a great day although I was absolutely pooped in the end.

Thanks folks for coming to the event. It meant a whole lot to me!

We finally made it!
At last! We did it!

What would graduation be without the traditional mortar board throwing shot! And there they go ... up, up and away!
There they go ... up, up and away!


And what were my friends doing while I sweat it out in the "monkey" costume? Let's take a look.

All: Take our photo! Forget about Leanne. She has enough shots already!:p
Up to their antics again!

Derek: AHAHAHAHAHA .... That's wayyyy tooo farnie!
Oh boy! That's way tooo farnie!!! AHAHAHAHAH ...

Alex: Watcha' looking at?
Watcha looking at?

Me: Hey! Look! Look! The SIAMESE TWINS ... NOT!
The Siamese twins ... NOT!

Me: Now, open mouth and show me your pearly white teeth!
Now ... smile, smile, smile!!!

Val: Did you see that dude? Phooey! Way cool man!
LK: Which one?
Val: That one with that large soulful eyes!
He just walked pass not 5 mins ago!
PW: Which one?
Val: ..... blah blah blah blah ...
Did you see that dude? Phooeey!

Val: Aiyoyo! Enough already la! Is she still taking pictures? I'm hungry!
Enough already. Is she still taking pictures?

Val: I'm hungry!
PW: Me too!
Derek: Me three!
LK: Let's have ikan bakar!
I'm so hungry! Me too! Me three!

Me: Sorry folks. Forgot to take the ikan picture. Took the mutton instead.

The ikan bakar became kambing bakar

No comments: