Thursday, October 13, 2005

Dissertation blues ...

Oh why do I deviate?
Oh why do I procrastinate?
Oh why can’t I just get on with the darn thing!

After three years of studies
And tens of thousands in fees
Oh why can’t I just get on with the darn thing!

At first it was the travelling
Then came the (condo) renovating
That was why I can’t get on with the darn thing!

But the dust has now settled
The travelling has all but dwindled
Yet, I still can’t get on with the darn thing!

It’s close to six months of delay
I’ve asked for another two months from today
But still I can’t get on with the darn thing!

I have finally chosen a supervisor
Discussed some topics but yet none the wiser
Oh, I just want to get on with the darn thing!

Nothing too complicated
I just need to get motivated
So, please help me get on with the darn thing!

Please help me not to deviate
Please help me not to procrastinate
Oh please, please, just help me get on with the darn thing!

(NB: Signs of a desperate student! 8P )

No comments: