Friday, October 28, 2005

Remember that piano …

“Remember that piano, so delightful …” ~ lyrics from “I Love Chopin”

Finally, my piano of 20+ years has arrived. It has journeyed over 200 km from my hometown to Kuala Lumpur and it has cost me a hefty RM1,360 to get the piano repaired, transported and tuned. But it has been well worth it if today has been the judge of it!

It’s been years since I have tinkered on those beloved yet very much hated keys. Oh, how I have shed tears of joy and sorrow on those keys. And oh how I have shed blood over the practical exams that go with the territory. There were times when I hated the mere sight of that piano i.e. when friends were calling me to play but I had to stay in to practice the stupid “scales and arpeggios” for the exams. But there were times when it was my salvation ~ when I played a tune from Richard Clayderman’s collection and dreamt of myself running on a beach towards the ruggedly handsome Pat Cash ~ the former one time Wimbledon Tennis Open Champion which I had a major crush on. Oh well, those were the days.

I finally got my fingers on to the keyboard again today. And despite being rusty at it, I could still manage a simple tune or two. : ) My “sight reading” was not that bad considering I have not had to sight read for ages! OK, so the tune that came out wasn’t so melodious and smooth. And yes, I hit quite a few wrong notes as I keep forgetting to play the sharps and the flats. Ok … so what if the timing is off. That’s coz mom didn’t see fit to bring down the metronome. Alright, I have to confess, even with the metronome, I probably can’t keep time. And yeah, my fingers aren’t so flexible and dextrous on the “thrills” and “turns”. Alright, alright … I’ll have to admit I need a few months of practice before I actually sound decent enough to have an audience. :P

And if any of my neighbours are reading this, please bear with me for the next few months. I promise not to overly tax your hearing. But if the sounds from my unit get too jarring, just ring my doorbell. : )

Meanwhile, a piano playing I shall go … yeh yeh yeh!

2 comments:

The Inner Space said...

Playing piano and blogging are both using keyboard to express your feelings........ :)

Save the former may interupt your neighbourers during mid night

Enjoy the notes in both ways!!!

Anonymous said...

When can you play and i jammed my acoustics with ya???