Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Body Combat 25

What a fantastic workout! Alvin Phey, you are the best! Or maybe it’s due to the fact that I finally managed to attend the new combat release after being away from combat classes for a week plus. : ) In any case, kudos must be given to the instructor, in this case Alvin, for driving the class to such limits. This brings to mind another instructor, Raymond. His style often squeezes the maximum energy out of his class. Unfortunately Raymond is hardly in Malaysia these days as he is based in Hong Kong ~ or so I heard. (But he is back in Malaysia for a short stint now ~ gym rumour.)

In any case, the new release is simply awesome. The energetic workouts supported by well chosen song tracks make this a killer combination. I especially enjoy the tracks on Power of Love and Sweet Child of Mine. Only issue I have with the new release is the choreography. Perhaps I am unused to the combination and coordination of the new moves.

Imagine the following; uppercut, uppercut, and hook. Then, another combination; knee, knee, jab, jab, front kick, front block and ends with a jumping kick. This combination is a real killer. I can still feel my muscles aching now. :p And I thought the old “Muoy Thai” track was bad as there were 16 knees at one combination. The cool down choreography is great and exceptionally beautiful if the tai chi moves are executed correctly. Loved the way Alvin did it but I think I would need a bit more time to learn the moves. *Wonders if I will ever be able to execute it as beautifully* :P Oh well, one can dream right? ;)

Till the next combat session.

No comments: