Sunday, October 09, 2005

Body Combat with Raymond

Yup. This is the 3rd body combat post. So if you are tired of reading about combat, skip this one. : )

Raymond is back … and he just gets better and better! His combat classes are totally awesome! There is always so much pleasure (and pain) doing his combat classes. Geee … pleasure in pain? Now I sound like a masochist! :P

masochism n. pleasure in suffering physical or mental pain …
(source: The Little Oxford Dictionary)

Seriously, Raymond is really good. I learn more about the technique of combat from him than any other instructor. I get another chance to refine my kicks today … the side kick especially. Always have problems with that one. And he really makes us work to the max in that one hour. (I think I have lost feeling in my calf. :P) For instance, usually I don’t feel a thing in the first three tracks but today, feel it I did. He pushed us so hard, even in the recovery tracks that we were literally dripping with sweat. The interesting thing about combat or martial arts is that it’s not only the cardio bits that gives one such a good work out, but a combination of the former and the right technique where certain muscle groups get really stretched.

In Raymond’s words today, “First we concentrate on the technique, then the speed and the power, and finally the music.”

It’s such a pity that he will be returning to Hong Kong soon. It’s a loss to FF Malaysia for he is one of the best instructors there. Raymond, you will be sorely missed!

No comments: