Monday, October 03, 2005

The Riddle

“What is greater than God but more evil than the devil;
the poor has it but the rich needs it;
and if you eat it, you will die?”


This riddle was posed to me by a friend over dinner today. And I fear I am going to bed with the thought swirling in my head. My friend does not have the answer to it too as she was asked the question by her cousin-in-law this morning. He refused to tell her the answer. I’m glad I am not the only one who is going to lose sleep over this tonight. :p The cousin-in-law mentioned that when this riddle was posed to children and teenagers, majority of the children got it right. The result of the survey itself shows that the answer is actually very simple but as we grow and mature, our minds get so complicated that we forget that the most obvious answers and solutions are indeed the simplest ones.

So over to you … get cracking! And may you too lose some sleep over this … Misery loves company. Hahahaha … :P

P.S. And pray tell if you actually know the answer. Put me out of my misery!

1 comment:

The Inner Space said...

Nothing is greater than God nothing more evil than the devil, the poor has nothing the rich needs nothing and if you eat nothing you will die Sorry for giving the answer too SOON. Losing the fun eh?