Sunday, October 09, 2005

A day of extremes ...

I think I overdid everything today. What a way to start off my weekend. Had a friend over at my place Friday night and we watched DVDs until the wee hours.

Got up at 10+ am, headed for a light brunch … then off to the gym. Had a challenge with the same friend and we went through pump, rpm (although I left after half an hour) and ended up with Raymond’s combat class. Since I have not done pump and rpm in eons and never done Raymond’s combat in yonks either, it is quite understandable that I am in pain from the neck down. (That’s the reason, not an excuse! :p )

Next, rushed off to my beautician for a facial, which took almost two hours ~ had to do major repairs since my last visit was like 7 months ago. :D Due to the lack of sleep the previous day and the past week plus the extreme gym that afternoon, I slept like a log at the beautician’s. I woke up with a stiff neck and back due to the earlier work out. In the wise words of a young friend, “Why do you do this to yourself la? You are not sweet sixteen anymore.” Ouch! That hurt! :p

By the time I left the beautician, it was almost 8 pm and I was starving. Only had that wee bit of toast bread, half boiled egg and coffee for brunch. Met up with a few friends for a steamboat dinner but that was the quickest one I ever had. What a torture ~ gobbling up food on an empty stomach. We had to literally swallow our food and finish everything within an hour and a few minutes as we were headed to catch the 9.30pm movie “The Myth” at The Summit.

I thought by now, the relaxation bits would start to kick in. I need that quite desperately by then. Boy! Was I soooo wrong! My friend made a booking via sms. Little did she know that we got front row seats! Front row seats in concerts are fine but front row seats in the cinema … you know how it is! Oh well! Luckily it was an action movie with lots of martial arts movements; plus it has an interesting story line. (Interesting but not necessarily believable.) In any case, it was good entertainment value.

But goodness, between lack of sleep, starvation, extreme gym, stuffing food during dinner and hanging our heads watching an action pack movie with front row seats, I’d say by far this has been an EXTREME day. Maybe, I should win the fear factor by default … :p

I pray for moderation tomorrow … and for days to come. Over and out!

No comments: