Sunday, October 02, 2005

Just landed but all systems still go ...

OK. Don’t check the time please. My addiction is showing … I know. :p In any case, I thought that since I have not posted anything on 1st Oct, I owe it to “fans” of my blog to do so! Hehehe … just kidding.

We landed in KLIA at 10.30 pm last night and reached home almost midnight. Only finished unpacking about 2+ am and here I am busy typing away. It’s good to be home in my little, cosy “hole”. We had a little home coming from Dad. I think he missed his “angels” as mom and eldest sis joined me in Bangkok since Thursday.

Before I digress further, below are observations of a non shop-a-holic in Bangkok ~ shopping and food haven, city of vice and sin … (the song ‘One Night in Bangkok’ reverberates)

- There are no rude Thai people around. Every single Thai I met has been courteous.
- Thai speaks in a nice, soft, singsong manner ~ which is music to the ears.
- Almost every old “ang moh ta por” on the streets of Bangkok has a young Thai “char boh” at his side.
- I have only seen three fat Thai people during my entire trip in Bangkok.
- The streets of Bangkok are actually clean.
- The Chao Phraya looks like milk coffee.
- Chatuchak Market is a hazard to anyone with cash.
- Bargaining is a lost art that I rediscovered in Bangkok.
- Chatuchak Market is a navigator’s nightmare.
- Thank God for the skytrain. Who cares about Bangkok traffic?
- It’s hard to tell the gals from the guys to the untrained eye.
- There are more Indians in Thailand than I thought.
- Thai “gays” are called ‘lady boys’ according to a taxi man.
- I have never seen so many Toyota cars in a city.
- Vios and Altis have been reduced to taxi status in Thailand.

That’s it folks. Time to hit the sack ~ just when the cock crows. ;)

No comments: