Friday, September 30, 2005

Spooking myself ... duh!

The game "spirit of the coin" is very famous among convent girls because our schools are usually located next to a graveyard. I have personally seen the coin moving very rapidly when other friends played that game.

One day, a particular friend (who is a non believer) and I decided to prove that these "things" do not exist. We played the game and called out to the spirit but the coin did not move at all. After a few attempts, we decided that we were right and we just left it at that without asking the spirit to return to the coin. That night, whether imagined or not, both of us felt uncomfortable and felt a tingling sensation. Next day, we were warned by a friend that we should have asked the spirit to return. In any case, since we did not, we just let the matter go and after a day or two things went back to normal. In any case, we did not put anything to the test after that.

In the last few years, I have become an ardent jungle trekker and do a fair bit of jungle trekking and camping. And you know what they say about jungles and spirits in these places. Personally I have not encountered any but I hear a lot from friends who have. I must admit though, at certain campsites and shelters, I have felt very uncomfortable and once or twice I have a sensation which the Chinese called "pei kwai chak". Whether these things exist or not, I'd rather not put it to the test. As long as "they" don't disturb me, I won't venture to find out more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have an experience last year while i stay at this 4 storey shoplot in London...I stay at the top floor...the place was pretty deem.The door do not have door knob. I stay there for 3 nites..nothing happen till the day i want to leave for Holland. As I was up at about 3.45 am, n browsing the laptop, the door suddenly open with the sound of "ngek ngek ngek". So, I went to close the door and continue surfing the net. Then..the door open again.."ngek ngek ngek" ..n the laptop suddenly turn off..boy...i could feel my whole body shivers leh..i grab my praying beads and chant non-stop for 30 mins. I felt cold u know..boy..luckily the cab driver came early n rang me on the hp. I quickly get my luggage n run all my way to downstair. I did not even change my sleeping attire. Luckily i wear a big T shirt n track pant. I change my clothes at Luton airport. tat was really an experience for me. Luckily, i did not encounter anymore when i stay in edinburgh, inverness, isle of skye, arbedeen, holland and paris...