Friday, September 30, 2005

Sunrise, Sunset


I am unaware as to when my fascination with sunrise and sunset began. All I know is that it has slowly crept up on me. And over the years, I had chance to witness and “shoot” some of the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets around the world. The funny thing is, no matter how many shots I take, I remain absolutely fascinated and tremendously impressed.

At those moments when I capture it through my naked eye or through the solid lens of my digital camera, I feel peace. I feel so blessed to be alive and breathing; to be at that place, at that moment to capture that image in my mind. It is then that once again, I realise my unimportance in the bigger scheme of things. I am a mere speck of dust in this vast universe. It is then that I can remind myself that the world does NOT spin on my axis alone. And once again, I learn to appreciate how blessed I am to be truly alive and aware!

To quote Michael J. Fox, “I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; Perfection is God’s business.”

Here is Perfection…

1 comment:

The Inner Space said...

Michael J. Fox has parkinson's disease. I trust that was by the act of God.