Friday, December 15, 2006

Airport safety ... Singapore versus Malaysia

Airport safety ... there are standards, and then there are STANDARDS!


Malaysia

I never meant to put this to the test but I unwittingly did so with scary results!

Don't ask me why but there was a screw driver in my computer bag! A huge screw driver mind you, not a small one. But that got pass the officers with the scanner at KLIA.

Then I found a razor in my toiletry bag. I forgot that I left it there but as I was too lazy to check in my luggage, it went through the scanner as hand luggage. Once, again, it got through the officers at KLIA!

On my return trip at JB airport, once again both these items got through the scanner!

I only found these items when I unpack my stuff at home.

One wonders what the officers are looking at when they scan the hand luggages.


Singapore

Now, compare the above with Singapore.

Luckily I found the items and took them out before I left for Singapore.

On my return trip at the Singapore Airport, I was surprised that we had to take out our laptops/notebooks from the computer bag or day pack and put these separately through the scanner.


Now, don't you just feel safe when travelling through the various airports in Malaysia? If you don't believe me, you can put it to the test yourself!

No comments: