Friday, December 15, 2006

Thank God for Thursday nights!

I am in an extremely buoyant mood. We had a good game of badminton tonight, and for the first time since last Thursday I saw glimpses of my old game (honed during high school days) returning. I never expected that my passion for the game would return either. After all, I have hung up my badminton racket due to lack of regular badminton partners a long time ago.

Since early this year, Zack has tried very hard to pull our group of ex-MBA course mates together for a regular game of badminton. I did not put much hope that he would succeed. After all, through my years of adulthood, such attempts tend to peter out after awhile as work and family commitments would intrude eventually.

On my part, I was also hard put to commit to a regular game schedule. It is only in recent months that I started making it a point to do so. Call me crazy but I have been known to reschedule customer dinners and even family dinners, just to ensure that I can go for the game.

Who would have thought that our group would hang out together because of the game? The enthusiasm, commitment, competitiveness and fun we have on and off court (i.e. supper at mamak after the game) make a big difference.

All I can say is thank god for Thursday. It’s fast becoming my favourite day of the week! :D

No comments: