Thursday, September 07, 2006

“What gives?”

“What’s with the MTVs and the movie reviews?”
“No updates on your blog?!!”
“Taking a break from the blogasphere?”

This is my first blog in more than a month. Prior to this were mere jottings on MTVs, song lyrics and movies.

“What gives?” A few friends asked me.

I’m not quite sure really. Just when I thought I had it all together, life threw me this curve ball. There’s a sense of “disconnect” with the “real” world. It’s as if I am on this roller coaster ride, rushing head long into the ups and the downs of life with no real control over it. I’m not unhappy, just disconnected.

Yes, there was madness at work! “Same shit different day.”
Yes, the politics have been worse than usual!
Yes, there was a bit of travelling, plenty of late nights and a hell of a long working weekend!

Yet,
I managed to squeeze in time for biking. We had a few great weekend-rides at Bukit Jelutong and Putrajaya. And we recruited yet another “member” into the “siau gang” biking club.
I held a marathon movie night with friends and we had a ball.
I spent the pre merdeka night with my family and we had a fine time at the street carnival, watching a life concert.
I am, once again, lured back to the annual month-long run-a-muck event; trying to contribute to the team by clocking up as much exercise hours as I can. “The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.”
I even managed to get some reading done, frivolous though some of the reading materials may be.

I would have thought that this is pretty much a balance life. True, I am often tired out. My brain is not functioning enough to think deeper than all my current commitments. And time seems to coast along much, much too fast! That’s the crux of the matter. Where has it all gone? And am I doing something worthwhile with my time?

No comments: