Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Like any other day ... NOT

This has not been the best day of the year so far ... and it should coz it's my "ngau yat"or literally translated "cow's day" or the actual meaning Birthday! :p (Don't ask me why it's called "ngau yat" as my Chinese speaking friends have no idea either!)

Why has it been a bad day?

1. It took me blardy 30 minutes to get out of my condo this morning as the whole road turning into the LDP was stuck. Some idiots decided to ignore the red traffic light and the crossroad under the flyover was all messed up as cars were cutting in from every direction. Grrrrrr ...

2. Finally when I cleared that hurdle, I found that there was a massive jam going into town because some smart aleck decided to have a "raptai" for the city day parade which falls on 1st February. It took me blardy one and the half hours to reach office. Jam! Jam! Jam!

3. I am now having a blinding headache and all I want to do is go home and sleep.

4. I can't go home because I am supposed to be having my performance review today and my boss has yet to call me in.

5. I have a birthday dinner celebration at 8.30pm and I still have no idea if I can reach there on time due to point no. 4. If I don't get there on time, I might piss off my sister royally since she originally wanted to do it on 1st February but I insisted to have the dinner tonight. Sigh!

That's why it is not like any other day ... it's worse.

Now, on to happier thoughts. I am very touched and thankful to my friends and family.

Why?

1. I have been celebrating my "ngau yat" with friends and family since Saturday. There was the Saturday Shangri-la high-tea (thanks Mon), the Saturday Pangkor Fish house dinner (thanks L3), the Sunday Sunway condo joint dinner party (thanks siau gang and birthday boy Manny for doing the cooking) and the Monday The Ship dinner (thanks P1 & bro-in-law). And there's more to come in the next few days!!! :D

2. I have this funky new calendar on "365 Great Things About Getting Older", courtesy of the siau gang.
Today's great thing is: "There are only three ages for women in Hollywood - Babe, District Attorney, and Driving Miss Daisy. - Goldie Hawn"
Why is age always such a great bother for women? Why not men too? Bah!

3. A friend promised me a Balinese birthday massage at Puri Santhi. Yippee! (Thanks Val. Hehehe ...)

4. I received this really nice decorative candle from Tasmania. It's now in my display cabinet. (Thanks L3.) And a nice 5R photo frame for 3 pix in a row from IKEA. Just what I need to put up my Tanzania wild animal photos. (Thanks Mon.) And for all the other pressies that I have received and will be receiving soon (wink! wink! wink!), thanks folks, you're all so sweet. :D

5. I received many sms, email and messenger birthday wishes and also F2F (face to face) birthday wishes today. Thanks folks. I'm touched to be remembered. :)

Alrighty. Speech all done. Head feels better. But still no word from boss.

Back to work and the grindstone!

Cheerios!

1 comment:

ginseng4desoul said...

Happy cow's day!