Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Marriage? No way!!!

Now, before I continue blogging and before someone cry "man hater", let me put in a disclaimer.

Disclaimer:
The title of the piece and the piece itself do not represent this author's (meaning me) opinion, in any respect or form. It is merely an unbias journalistic endeavour to bring to this author's (meaning me) blog readers an article published in the NST last Saturday ~ which this author (meaning me again) had missed, and which this author's (yeah, me again) dear friend had "kindly" seen to "educate" the said author (yeah! me! me!).
:p

The survey suggests that "women professionals between the ages of 25 and 40 prefer to marry after 30 or not at all."

Now, that is not the farnie bits yet. What brought a chuckle to my lips is the following. Get this, "...the reasons given for this: A lack of sexual desire, career priorities, infertility and a search for rich husbands."

And further more, " ...while they want their husbands to spend on them, they refuse to share their salaries with their husbands." Did I see a couple of male heads nodding or was that purely my imagination? :P

And get this! This is the statement that top all statements in the article, "women were not interested in marrying because "men of quality" were lacking in the country." Eh! "Men of quality"? Err..is the article suggesting that there is a serious lack of quality men in Malaysia? Hmmmm ...

Oh! Oh! The article did define what this lack of quality men is about. Read on! Quote: "Many men now are involved in drugs and are gay or soft." Hmmm! Influences of Hollywood in the form of Brokeback Mountain? :P

Wait! Another two excuses coming up! "Another problem for professional women, he said (he as in University Malaya lecturer and counsellor Hushim Salleh), was that men had inferiority complexes and did not like marrying women more qualified than them."

And, "Parents are now more understanding when their daughters don’t marry as they know they will be able to take care of themselves."

Hahahaha! I had a ball reading this article. Check it out at the above link. Just click on the title. True or not, you be the judge! I remember writing something along the lines of why more women are still single. Something to do with, "Why buy a cow when you can find milk everywhere?" and a friend replied, "Why get a whole pig, when all you want is a little sausage?" :P

This has made an otherwise frustrating day at work bearable! Have a blast! I now have a host of extra excuses in my arsenal waiting to be dispensed in the next CNY gathering. Three cheers for ze single ladies!

Hip! Hip! Hooray!
Hip! Hip! Hooray!
Hip! Hip! Hooray!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tsk tsk...