Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I can resist anything except temptation!

Bubble Shooter

Peik Lean Y.

It all started more than a week ago when I finally gained my freedom from the self imposed prison (herein known as "that episode" in my life). I met up with my sis for dinner and she showed off her brand new PDA. While messing around with this "new" toy, I discovered "the bubble game"!

Now, I know it's not new to the tech savvy and the "in" folks but as I did not aspire to be an "opinion leader", this toy is kinda new to me! Ya! Ya! I am a marketer's nightmare! I refused to be trapped into keeping up with the Joneses by buying all these costly gadgets which would become a white elephant in no time! :P

I digress. In any case, I started playing that game on the PDA throughout dinner. I was so hooked. I only returned the PDA to my sis on threats of dismemberment. Bleh! Anyway, being the smarty pants that I am, I had this great idea to google the game and download it on my computer. And so I did!

Thus began the journey of succumbing to temptation and getting drawn into total addiction. I have been playing that game every night and I played it till the wee hours of the morn. Every time, I would tell myself it's only for an hour, but I ended up playing like 4-5 hours! My god! I was soooo hooked.

However last night was the last straw. Once again, I exceeded my allocated one hour of play. The game was taking over my beauty sleep. It was taking over my time to blog and to reply emails. It was taking over my life! Goodness!

I finally took a huge step in prevention and self preservation! I uninstalled the game. Oh boy! Temptation is sooo difficult to resist! So far so good today. I have yet to download the programme. I best go off to bed now while my will power is still strong.

Good night Malaysia wherever you are.

Disclaimer:
The link for the game is at the top if you want to check it out. However, I shall not be held responsible for any addiction and temptation. You are on your own. Try it at your own peril! :P

3 comments:

L B said...

OMG! I so know this temptation so well!!!!!!! I have spent many many long hours playing games on my PDA cos they are so convenient, and addictive!!!!

Idham said...

Not another One...there is already 10 in my office...and there are only 11 of us. The only one not addicted is ME...yes!, i escaped the addiction...bcoz i am addicted to LoVe...:) can't risk being dumped by my bubbles-bees.

But enjoy it Leanne!.

Idham.

Pink Panther said...

Haha..sorry didn't see you message. But I know that you guys were gathering for a badminton game.

I've downloaded the game....for my nephew to play. Hehe.