Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Of "quality men", mama's boys and "Fly Guy" ...

Pardon moi! I just can't get over the NST article last Saturday on the reasons why women are not getting married ~ one of which is because of the lack of "quality men" in Malaysia! Hahahaha ...

In any case, over the Big Bang Breakfast show this morning, the topic of discussion is "what should a woman do if her boyfriend turns out to be mama's boy"! I am sure you notice by now that I am a fan of "Fly guy"! I used to listen to "Fly and Little Kev" on Hitz FM until their contract ended. Then, I tuned in to Richard and Shaz on Mix FM for the Mix Breakfast show. (Can't stand the trio of Hitz FM morning crew.) But ever since Fly FM got on to the radar, I am back with "Fly guy" again. I admit I do not quite like his song selections but I love his brand of zany humour!

Anyway, I digress. Back to the mama's boy topic. A lady caller called in with her "Dear Abby" question today regarding what to do with a boyfriend who is a mama's boy. (I believe it's a planned gig.) In any case, listeners were asked to call in with their opinions and advice. One guy's advice was to dump the said boyfriend. Another male listener said that it's ok as long as the boyfriend in question knows when to draw the line. I had a feeling that he's a mama's boy! :P

But the real kicker was this lady. She called in and mentioned that the girl should perhaps act like the boyfriend's mother so that he would like her ... etc. etc. Seems like the lady caller is facing a similar problem and that's how she tried to resolve the issue. And the strategy seems to be working, according to the lady caller! This drew a loud protest from Natalie, another zany radio personality and Fly's partner in crime! Natalie was worried that the boyfriend might start thinking that the girlfriend is the mom! Hahaha ...

But the ultimate one liner came from Fly! He said that looking at the issue of quality men here (I bet you he has read THE NST ARTICLE!!), one might just have to make do! Hahahaha ... Don't you just love this guy?! He comes up with the greatest lines! And that's why I am still a Fly fan today!

No comments: