Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Friendship

I came across a few quotes that ring so true about friendship.

Quote:
I believe-

that we don't have to change friends
if we understand that friends change.

My say:
You might no longer see things the way I do.
You might no longer do the things I want to do.
And though I no longer hang around with you,
It does not mean that I no longer need you.

Quote:
I believe-
that no matter how good a friend is,
they're going to hurt you every once in a while
and you must forgive them for that.

My say:
Your words were harsh, your thoughts unreasonable.
I lashed out in pain, but that was inexcusable.
Harsh words were said but we couldn’t call them back.
We were both wrong; can we not just forgive and forget?

Quote:
I believe-
that true friendship continues to grow,
even over the longest distance.

My say:
We parted ways, five years or more,
Separated by oceans, both on different shores,
After a long, long while, we met once more
It felt like only yesterday we were young gals in pinafores!

Quote:
I believe-
that my best friend and I can do anything
or nothing and have the best time.

My say:
Be it hours of chatting, and paying hundreds in phone bills,
Be it wine drinking sessions, or trekking up hills,
Be it watching the sunrise or listening to the birds chime,
Whatever it is or is not, we are having the best of times!

This is for you my dear friends ~ you know who you are.

No comments: