Saturday, February 25, 2006

Who would want to be a grown up if they could remain kids?

Who would want to be a grown up if they could remain kids?
When we refer to runaways, the first thought that comes to mind is that they are teenagers with massive problems at home.

Why can't adults be runaways too? Sometimes, I wish I could runaway from all the responsibilities of being an adult.

I want to be a kid again. I want to be free of responsibilities. I want to runaway from my neverending dissertation. I want to runaway from the endless cycle of planning, setting targets and chasing for sales. I want to not worry if my staff is coming up to scratch. I want to speak freely without having to face repercussions or to hurt someone I love with my candid speech. I want to be able to resign at will without worrying who will pay my bills. I want to go home without worrying if the car park is going to be flooded or the walls are going to fall apart.

I want to just run in a field of daffodils without a care in the world. I want to sink my feet in fine, soft, warm sand. I want to walk along an endless stretch of sandy beach and bask in the sun. I want fly in a microlite and let the wind take me where it will. I want to set sail with no destination in mind.

Sigh! It's been a tough week with no light at the end of the tunnel. I know the sun will come up tomorrow and the world will be well again.

But tonight, ... tonight, I just want to wallow. I want to runaway from being an adult. Anyone care to join me???

Goodnight Malaysia whoever you are!

No comments: