Saturday, January 14, 2006

Light at the end of the tunnel?

I must say, "discipline" stinks! My life in the last whole week consisted of going to work and then back home to work on my dissertation.

I resisted joining my friends for a "makan" trip to Teluk Gong, I stayed away from blogging for three whole days, I didn't go to the gym, I have forsaken my weekend trekking, etc, etc. Other than looking at the computer screen, I have been looking at the four walls (ok, maybe a few more walls than that) at home. Cut myself some slack and went out for dinner last Saturday night and lunch this afternoon with friends. Gee ... I didn't realise I am so much of an extrovert until I grounded myself at home.

Maggie noodles and me are the best of friends these days. I have been munching so much of late that I dared not look at the scales anymore. Maybe I should cut myself more slack and go to the gym tomorrow. Might save my sanity at least, if not my blooming weight.

Luckily my dissertation have progressed slightly from my last position. I completed my survey questionnaire two days ago and sent it to Mr. Z for an opinion. He reverted and I managed to get the questionnaire out to all my friends, my coursemates and a few neighbours today. I have already received three replies so far. Ok, 147 more to go. I think the next few days will be an exercise in patience, awaiting for the return of the questionnaires.

Meanwhile, I promise Mr. Z the first draft of my literature review on Monday. I am still stuck at chapter 2.1. Sigh!

Light at the end of the tunnel? That remains to be seen. Meanwhile, back to the grindstone.

No comments: