Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A small respite

Finally! I submitted my first Literature Review draft to my supervisor. I am a week late and there are more to do but this is a vast relief.

It's been the worst two weeks in my life for a long while. I can't imagine writing can be so tough. When things won't flow, it just won't flow. I was ruminating on my literature review for more than a week.

I almost panicked last week when I realised that the whole basis of my original research question needs to be rebuild from another angle. Can you imagine the amount of rereading, rewriting and thinking that involved? I was stuck for days on that one chapter. The words just didn't flow right. I couldn't seem to rebuild the argument or the case well. So many times I was all for just submitting a slip shod work but something in me just won't give up. I wrote and rewrote and rewrote...

Finally, last night, I saw the light. Like a beacon shining bright, I saw it oh so clear. I am glad I didn't give up.

I suppose one learns what one is made of in times of crisis. I now know that I just can't simply submit something. I have to at least give a shot at doing it right and as well as I could at a given time.

Next, to code and enter the data. But I will leave it till tomorrow. I think I deserve a night of proper sleep.

No comments: