Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Writer's Block

This is my second post for the year. Will wonders never cease?!! To those who think I might be hanging up the towel on blogging, let me assure you that this is not the case. I enjoy writing far too much to "cut my nose to spite my face", so to speak! :) There you go ... another nice phrase used. I have just made my day. Woohooo! Boy! Do I miss blogging!

In any case, I am trying to embrace discipline in my life for now. For those who know me very well ... stop laughing! :P Yeah! Yeah! Will wonders never cease. But as I have a more pressing matter at hand (read looming dissertation deadline), I am only making very short and infrequent jaunts to my blog these days.

I am just taking a few minutes off writing my dissertation as I have a massive writer's block. It's really the pits when words simply won't flow. Yeah! Shocking isn't it? Why can't writing a dissertation be more like writing blogs??? There is likely too much data in my head now due to reading too many articles, journals and literatures. Organising these data and putting it across in understandable and readable order plus ensuring that they make sense, is more of a challenge than I thought.

Oh well, back to the grindstone. Otherwise, my ever watchful task masters/ task mistresses will be on my back getting me focus on the task at hand. :p Much as I hate to admit it, thanks for the encouragement and wielding the "rod" when necessary dear friends.

Adios! Till my next little "escapism" jaunt!

No comments: