Friday, December 23, 2005

We Dare Not Because ...

I came across the following phrase today.

'It's not because things are difficult that we dare not, it's because we dare not that things are difficult.'
~ Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD) Roman dramatist, philosopher, & politician

That set me thinking. It is true isn't it? Sometimes we are so afraid of the unknown that we immediately raise non existent barriers in our minds. Before we do it, our minds have already accepted defeat. And thus when we fail, we feel justified. After all, didn't we expect to fail in the first place? Didn't we say it is difficult?

The way our mind perceives each battle or task determines 50% of the outcome. At least that is what I think. In any case, someone once said, it is how you perceive a task. If you think you can do it, you can. Well, I can't remember who said it but I bet someone sure did! Otherwise, would you believe the amount of wisdom I have suddenly garnered out of the blue! Hahahaha ...

No comments: