Friday, December 23, 2005

When shit hits the fan ...

It's a pressure cooker where I am sitting now. The target is so close that I could almost taste the sweet victory. But it's yet so far! While sales and marketing are chasing targets like crazy, suddenly supply chain tells us we are out-of-stock! My God!!! What is happening?

While the different divisions scramble around pointing fingers at each other for not making the right forecast, achieving the targeted numbers suddenly seem like an impossibility. My crystal ball tells me that if we miss, we will miss by a whisker of 1-2%! Duh! And this would definitely be due to out-of-stock.

Already all divisions are scrambling around covering their back side and finger pointing at other divisions. We are right in the middle of the fray again and the funniest bits is marketing is not accountable for forecasting. Yet, again we have been singed.

Sigh! When shit hits the fan, all hell breaks lose. Normal human suddenly become ogres. I can't wait for the year to end.

Meanwhile, I think I will focus on Santa and spread joy & cheer!

No comments: