Saturday, December 24, 2005

Xmas shopping is here again!

Have a Merry, Merry Xmas!

Peik Lean Y.

Have you been nottie or nice? Coz Santarina Leanney is coming to town! And she’d rather not shop till she drops to find those pressies. Given a choice she’d rather give out ang pows instead! Oops! Then again it’s the wrong season and the wrong festival. And on top of that, Leanney is NOT eligible to give out any ang pows once again this year. Ho Ho Ho Ho …

Shopping is a pain. Seriously! Shopping for my own stuff is painful enough but shopping for others is even worse. I ain’t no shop-a-holic. Shopping all of five times a year is a record. But then, when I do shop, it is literally shopping i.e. purchasing stuff, not merely window shopping. Best to maximise my time eh? : )

I had a rather fruitful Xmas shopping today and luckily, I made it through my entire “nice” list. :D Then again, the aim is to get the pressies today (!) since I am running outta time. I sure hope my family like those pressies coz I don’t suppose they are money back guaranteed. Never heard of such things in Malaysia anyway.

The problem with shopping for adults is that they have everything they want. And the problem with shopping for teenagers is that there are so many new age gadgets around. You don’t know which is still in fashion or if they already own that in-thingie! And the problem with shopping for senior citizens is that they seem to possess no interest other than the idiot box and our lives! And it’s difficult to figure out what they all want (that is within budget) within a few short hours, short of asking them point blank ~ which is a NO NO for Xmas pressies.

However, I do so hate buying pressies that people throw aside after ooh-aah-ing over them during Xmas. Thus today’s adventure was pretty painful. Up and down I went. In and out of shops in KLCC. Ok. Ok. To be truthful, I only explored Times Book Store and the multiple levels of Parkson Grand. I ended up getting a few Feng Shui books for mom, sis and moi. I admit that every time I looked at something interesting for someone, I ended up (almost) buying one for myself as well. My cousins are getting some fluffy stuff which looks kinda new age. They better like ‘em pressies coz I am tired of getting t-shirts. So boring!

I must say, I am kinda happy with my purchases. Then again, the pressies might end up being ooh-ed and aah-ed over, then thrown aside like yesterday’s news. Oh well. Gotta look at this philosophically. At least, I am contributing to the local economy. And the promoters and sales girls sure went home happier by making a few sales from moi.

Tis the time of giving and spreading Xmas cheer. Ho Ho Ho Ho again everyone! Keep Santa happy and if you can’t be nice, buy your own pressies! :p

No comments: