Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Email Time Capsule

Bet you have heard of time capsules i.e. where you write something to yourself and bury it somewhere to be dug up again sometime in the future. It would be interesting to see your future self read what you wrote today wouldn’t it? : )

Well, Forbes has come up with an “email time capsule” where you can write an email to yourself, and it would only be delivered 1, 3, 5, 10 or even 20 years time; depending on which delivery period you choose and also providing your email address is still valid then! If it really works, you would have a great time reading this some time down the line.

Check it out at http://forbes.codefix.net/capsule/

I had great fun writing to myself and below I share with you one of my future emails. Have fun with your own.

Re: 10 Years Down the Road

Dear Me or should I say dearie me? :P

Hope you have not lost your sense of humour yet. I suppose you can't still be acting like you are 28 since you have already hit your 40s.

Are you still running around with younger men? Or have you gone the opposite end and started going out with men who have a foot in their graves? :)

If you are still with the current company, you should reward yourself with a medal. Twelve years of service in one company is no joke for you!!!

I sure hope you have some success in the writing arena. Maybe it's time to activate your early retirement plan. Lecture, travel and write. (That'd get you out of the company! Hahahaha)

Still active and climbing mountains? I sure hope so. I think that'd help you accept the aging process better. :P

Oh .. and the favourite question of all time! Settled down yet? I really can't imagine you doing that. But since you'd be getting that question every year, no harm me asking you here again. :D

1 comment:

PW said...

Now I understand the humour in this blog!!! Definately a medal for keeping up with the young ones!