Saturday, November 19, 2005

Xiaxue

Had a very interesting conversation with a friend today regarding Xiaxue. "What's dat?" you may ask.

Not a "what" .. but a "who". And it's like, if you haven't heard of her, you are really NOT a blog reader (in this region)! Yup .. she is that famous ... or that notorious, some might say, in the Southeast Asian blogsphere. Oh well ... then I ain't considered a blog reader. :p In any case, I did read about her and "the controversy" in a local newspaper and in hard print too! There's still hope for the printed media! :) And of course the "blog" that got her such "fame"!

Here's an excerpt of our conversation:

No more flu~~ says: A recent survey finds that ppl who visit blogs spend 50% more time than the "average net user" and spend > 30% online. So the money is surely there~~

Leanne says: Err ... Wat money r u refering to?

No more flu~~ says: Making a living eventually from your blog. *Eventually* is the keyword, though. LOL

Leanne says: Ha ha . . I think not in this life

No more flu~~ says: Who knows? Can be famous within 2 years like xiaxue.blogspot.com

Leanne says : Err . . I dont know about her blog until I heard all the controversy. Still haven't checked it out yet.

No more flu~~ says: Keep an open mind when u read it.

Leanne says: Ha ha. Like how open?

No more flu~~ says: *Really* open type.

Leanne says: Hmmmmmm ... I hv an inkling on wat to expect.

No more flu~~ says: Haahaahaa.... it's like a roller coaster ride. But shouldn't be too much a problem for u lah since u the adventure type.

Leanne says: lol. Then again, if it's a prima donna type of blog . . . I am not tat adventurous.

No more flu~~ says: Go hav a look... u be the judge. Like it?

Leanne says: Trying to leave the prejudices from my mind.

No more flu~~ says: That soon u got the prejudices already ah?

Leanne says: No la. Told u I read abt the controversy of her site first. That one didnt show her in good light. Now, trying not to be judgemental when I read. So wat's your view?

No more flu~~ says: She behaves very differently from me, and I most likely will have problems living with her as our sense of value is different.

Leanne says: lol. Very politically correct answer.

No more flu~~ says: Well... that's about all actually. I don't hate her. She has her own thoughts, which I don't necessary agree with. So I was just explaining what would happen when u have her mind and my mind getting together.

Leanne says: Err ... "hate" is a very extreme word to use on a person you dont know.

No more flu~~ says: Some ppl, if you read the comments on her blog, really "Hate" her...

Leanne says: Hmmm

No more flu~~ says: Comments like "I hope you burn in Hell! B***h Interesting to see her thoughts, though. Hard to stop when u read her stuff. Depending on how you think about her writing, it's like a "Let me see how much more ****** (fill in the blank with whatever you think she is) can this get?"

Leanne says: lol. So u dont get turned off even though u dont agree with her. U just get more excited? hehehe

No more flu~~ says: I'm more interested to try to figure out why a person behaves the way he/she does

Leanne says: I just read her blog on Harry Porter. Interesting!

No more flu~~ says: Wait till u read her's on her thailand trip.... Sometimes I dream my life could be as colourful as hers though.

Leanne says: Ha ha. 1) u r not female, 2) u dont have her looks, 3) u dont exploit it like she does, 4) ur values are so different from hers. I think even if given the opportuity, ur life still wont be as colourful as hers.

No more flu~~ says: Yeah.. I guess not. *sigh*

Leanne says: Ha ha . . . well, I just read/ skim through her other blog on all the negative comments given to her blog. Actually . . the more I read, the less negative I feel about her. Hmmm . . . she's possibly spoilt, interestingly intelligent, very colourful language, and quite pretty.

No more flu~~ says: Yup. Once u accept the fact that everyone got the right to express their thoughts, and it's none-of-my-damn-business on what she thinks, there's nothing to be negative about.

Leanne says: Well, if she thinks that, she should not be angry at what people say. After all, they too are entitled to their opinion of her.

Leanne says: Actually, she's a marketer's dream if she has not gone and antagonise a whole lot of people. lol

No more flu~~ says: Ppl who antagonise your competitor is a marketer's dream too.

Leanne says: Ha ha. There's a point to that too.

No more flu~~ says: A "guy kawasaki" wrote a book, "how to make your competitor go crazy"

No more flu~~ says: Judging ppl is god's job, not mine.

Leanne says: Ha ha. Which god I wonder. Thought u dont believe in god.

No more flu~~ says: Yup. But as long as I throw the ball to another department, it's not my problem anymore. I dun really care who would do that.

Leanne says: lol. So essentially, u just dont give a damn!

No more flu~~ says: I do give a damn when things are within my circle of influence. Reading material of the day, Peter Glen's "It's not My Department"

Leanne says: Ha ha ha ... Gosh! I think this is an interesting conversation to blog about.

No more flu~~ says: Go add it in. U can help get more ppl to go read xiaxue.

Leanne says: lol. Does she need anymore readers? hmmm

No more flu~~ says: It's interesting to see the ppl who visit your blog, how would they react to xiaxue, since it's a different type of blog thus attracting different kind of readers.

Leanne says: Ha ha .... Tat's an interesting thought!

So here we are ... an introduction to Xiaxue. You be the judge!

No comments: