Sunday, November 06, 2005

The week that was …

A quiet week to relax and rejuvenate I thought. But oh no! Staying back in KL is even more strenuous. Trekking, squash, dancing, drinking, eating … wo wo wo! I did attempt to read up on my dissertation but it just kept getting swept under tons of other activities. After all, I can resist anything … except temptation! :p

It was a productive week of some sort beside my frequent outings with the “siau” gang. My neighbour helped me out with some drilling at my place; and I finally got to put up mirrors, towel rails and soap racks. Dad and Mom have no grounds to complain on how sparse my bathrooms are anymore. Yippee! And thank god for such sweet neighbours. I also got my place swept and vacuumed; and my clothes washed. Managed to catch up with my previous neighbours and had my hands full dealing with my favourite little “devil” that melts my heart every time he says something cheeky and grins that toothy smile. Also caught up with my ex and current MBA coursemates during a Raya Open House. Had a whole wonderful bitching session about the trials of dissertation writing! Ahhh … misery so do love company! :p

Today was supposed to be another attempt at adhering to the discipline of working on my dissertation. Dang! How I hate that word. I am probably the most undisciplined person on the face of the earth. But that’s another story for another day. I have thus far resisted the temptation of going to another Open House. I prevented myself from going off to the gym and I just said no to a friend on watching “Bride and Prejudice”! (I so wanna watch that movie!) And as Sunday draws to an end soon and Monday dawns, I am still none the closer to a dissertation question. The more I read the more I realise I have undertaken a task of behemoth proportions! I am not complaining here … just a statement of fact. And trying to get that bit to sink into my brain. I wish words come as easily to my dissertation as they do to my blog! Or maybe I am spending a lot more time on my blog than I should.

Oh well .. back to the grindstone.

No comments: